Leadership Academy for Corporate Citizenship Professionals
- November 4-8, 2013; Boston, MA
This program is by application only; application deadline is September 13, 2013. Click here for application.
Leadership is critical to the advancement of good corporate citizenship within and beyond the boundaries of your company. You may be leadingyour company’s transition toward strategic integrated corporate citizenship; or you may be trying to take a specific component of your company’s corporate citizenship strategy to a new level. This program will help you understand and strengthen your ability as a leader so that you can engage and influence others to achieve improved organizational alignment, broader buy-in across the organization and, ultimately, increase long-term business and social value.
Leaders with corporate citizenship responsibilities encounter common challenges:
- Developing innovative, high-impact corporate citizenship initiatives that support the business
- Engaging colleagues across the firm and at all levels - including executives - in the development and execution of strategy
- Demonstrating and communicating the value of corporate citizenship initiatives
- Expanding high-performing programs, whether regionally, nationally or globally
- Aligning programs with other corporate citizenship initiatives
- Navigating organizational transitions such as mergers & acquisitions and CEO and direct supervisor transitions
The Corporate Citizenship Leadership Academy is an intensive five-month program for developing leaders with strategic responsibilities within the corporate citizenship spectrum – from community involvement to diversity/inclusion to supply chain to EHS. The program is a comprehensive blend of on-campus instructor-led classes and off-campus, facilitated distance learning. The four components include:
1: Leadership Learning Intensive
November 4-8, 2013; Boston, MA
A week-long on-campus program focused on leadership, organizational change, tools of influence, and communication, designed to provide foundational knowledge and skills that can be applied to real world challenges when participants return to work
Part 2: Knowledge application and sharing: November-March
Personal journaling of your real-world challenges, reflective and practical exercises and virtual group sessions conducted between November and March.
Part 3: Mid-term Convening
January 17-18, 2013; Boston, MA
A networking dinner for the group to reconnect and a one day convening for interactive discussion of your individual design challenge
Part 4: Leaders’ Summit and Corporate Citizenship Conference
March 22, 2014 and March 23-25, 2013; Los Angeles, CA
A cumulating one-day placed-based session of all Academy participants to transfer learning and insights into a personalized action plan. A complimentary conference registration, included in the Academy tuition, will enable valuable networking opportunities.
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for experienced managers who have direct corporate citizenship responsibilities and whose scope of influence includes strategy development and execution. Previous participants have brought challenges such as how to create an integrated approach to corporate citizenship, expand an already highly visible signature program globally, integrate two community involvement functions following a corporate merger, and increase employee engagement in corporate citizenship activities. Enrollment in the Corporate Citizenship Leadership Academy is by application. Qualified applicants must have:
A minimum of five years of direct corporate citizenship experience and demonstrated expertise and scope of responsibility; OR
A certificate in Corporate Community Involvement Management or Corporate Citizenship Management from the Carroll School of Management at Boston College and a minimum of three years of direct corporate citizenship experience
Dates and Locations:
- Leadership Learning Intensive: November 4-8, 2013; Boston College Carroll School of Management, Chestnut Hill, MA
- Mid-term Dinner and Meeting: January 17-18, 2014; Boston College Carroll School of Management, Chestnut Hill, MA
- Leaders Summit and Corporate Citizenship Conference: March 22, 2014 and March 23-25, 2013; Beverly Hilton Hotel, Los Angeles, CA
- Member: $6,995.00
- Non-Member: $7,995.00
Dates and Locations: