Member Guide to Utilizing the Center's Resources
The Center for Corporate Citizenship is a unique resource for companies seeking to enhance their corporate citizenship knowledge and programs. The synergy of academic thought leaders together with industry practitioners provides a rich community of ideas, best practices and practical lessons.
As a member, you not only gain access to a vast amount of highly applicable research and worthwhile events, you also gain access to similar peers struggling with, or who have recently overcome, the same challenges you are facing. One day as student, next day as mentor, you will find yourself surrounded by like-minded people trying to improve corporate citizenship at their own companies and in the world at large.
Recognized around the world, the Center for Corporate Citizenship is where both leading edge and novice companies can collaborate with peers on the latest and most productive ways to create and sustain corporate citizenship programs. Members gain access to member-only resources and events as well as discounts on courses and our annual conference. These benefits plus access to the Center’s expert staff are just a few of the advantages of becoming a Center member.
Below you can learn more about the specific member benefits to see the tremendous value membership provides. If you have any questions or would like more information, please call: 617.552.4545.
In Good Company
We provide the latest news and research that informs and influences conversations affecting member companies’ corporate citizenship. Members receive free of charge:
- Weekly Media Monitor - Stay up to date with the latest news that informs and influences conversations affecting your company’s corporate citizenship on Wall Street and on Main Street. Look in your inbox for the subject line “News you can use” every Friday
- Monthly Research Briefs – Get Smarter Faster - Find tried-and-true insights from corporate practice and academic study that offer tools you can apply to your work. In addition to receiving the monthly edition of the Research Briefs by email, members have exclusive access to additional briefs on our website, including items archived from previous months. Look in your inbox for the subject line “Research briefs” on the 15th of each month.
- Monthly Voice of Corporate Citizenship E-newsletter – The latest news from the Center, our members, and leaders in the field featuring easy-to-digest case studies and insider perspectives
- Signature Research
- The State of Corporate Citizenship in the U.S.: Our biennial survey of the attitudes and actions of senior executives in businesses regarding corporate citizenship.
- Profile of the Practice: A look at how companies organize to meet the demands of corporate citizenship, and how they manage multiple and sometimes conflicting responsibilities to investors, suppliers, customers, employees, community groups and to society at large.
- Profile of the Profession: This report provides a snapshot of this profession, the role and responsibilities, of those within it. In addition to facts and figures on their backgrounds, positions and duties, this report explores what motivates today’s corporate citizenship professionals, what are the critical challenges they face and what it takes for them to succeed.
- The Community Involvement Index: This report provides information on how companies approach community involvement, how the function is organized and what strategies are employed to deliver social and business value.
- The Corporate Citizen, a magazine created to provide business leaders, policymakers, academics and others with the latest thinking in the field of corporate responsibility. Members can request additional print copies at no extra charge.
Boston College is the only university in North America that offers certificate programs in the areas of community involvement and corporate citizenship. Members receive:
Resources & services
Designed to provide solutions to everyday challenges, examples of Center resources include:
Membership in the Center means being part of a knowledge network. In addition to the publications and on-line resources that are produced by the Center, we facilitate learning by creating a variety of networks through which our members can access the latest research, benchmark their work, or engage around specific problems. We help our create connections through:
- Online Member Community: Exclusive to Center members, this safe community of corporate citizenship practitioners allows you and your peers to learn from, collaborate with, and explore ideas that support one another
- Executive Forum on Corporate Citizenship: The Center convenes a select group of corporate citizenship executives to create a leading voice and resource on citizenship issues for the business sector. Reserved for Center members only.
- Annual International Corporate Citizenship Conference: The premier corporate citizenship event draws 500-600 professionals from around the world. Our annual International Corporate Citizenship Conference is where ideas are exchanged and experiences and challenges are shared. Each year the conference features leading speakers who frame big picture themes facing business and interactive breakout sessions that provide real and relevant best practices and solutions.
- Regional In Good Company Breakfasts: These sessions are held throughout North America and feature interactive and provocative discussions around corporate citizenship and current trends evolving in the field.
- Community Involvement Leadership Roundtable: an ongoing forum for mid-level to advanced practitioners will help you to identify and understand critical social issues, review changing public policy, assess public expectations and prepare companies for a new and more effective community involvement. Reserved for Center members only.
- Recognition as a member and Corporate Citizenship leader (Members Only) All members may utilize the Center’s membership logo to indicate on their web site and other collaterals that they are a member of the Center. Click here to access the logo file (login required).
- Members are invited to share their experience and expertise as guest bloggers on the Center’s website. We want to hear your CSR story and showcase leading initiatives.
For more information contact Membership Services at 617.552.4545.