Developing a Community Involvement Strategy
The May 8th course is currently SOLD OUT.
Creating a comprehensive community involvement strategy will enable community involvement professionals to add value to both the business and society. A long-term perspective, strategic focus, and articulated goals and milestones are fundamental to building and sustaining value-focused community involvement programs. This course will help you construct, align, and focus your community involvement strategy.
What to expect
Throughout the 2½ day program, you will apply the instructor presentations and frameworks to examples, and individual and small group exercises. Best practices will be highlighted as practical examples of strategic community involvement.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Appreciate exceptional performance as the norm for community involvement
- Establish a purpose and goals for your community involvement programs
- Apply a corporate strategic framework to your community involvement programs
- Articulate the impact of stakeholder expectations, materiality, and the organization’s business objectives on the development and execution of community involvement
The Course of Study
Excellence in Corporate Community Involvement
- Explore the latest research and trends in corporate community involvement
- Understand the drivers of strategic community involvement, including business’ desire to provide aid to society, stakeholder expectations, and reputation
- Position community involvement within the broader context of corporate citizenship
- List the critical components of an exceptional community involvement program
- Explore a strategy development model and apply it to community involvement
- Identify levers of organizational change that help translate strategy into performance
- Identify and explore the purpose of employee buy-in, internal champions, and leaders in the strategy development
Community Involvement Strategy Development
- Align your strategy with stakeholder expectations and business objectives
- Identify material issues on which to base community involvement investments
- Establish program goals and expected outcomes
- Explore best practices of strategic corporate community involvement
Execution of a Community Involvement Plan
- Establish an evaluation plan, including measuring, assessing, and reporting
- Build effective communication skills and strategies to advance community involvement
- Advance community relationships into shared value partnerships
- Institutionalize community involvement within your organization
Who would benefit from this program?
This program is designed for community involvement professionals who are ready to develop a strategic approach to their community involvement initiatives. Others actively engaged in the development or execution of community involvement programs would also benefit from this course. If multiple people from your company are interested in this program, it can be brought on site. Email Eileen Blinstrub for details.
This course is an elective for the Certificate in Corporate Community Involvement Management
Dates and Locations:
- Learn more about course logistics, including the course schedule, cancellation policy, and other general information.