Putting Theory to the Test
The Boston College Center is well known for delivering strong, practical research that is put to use by global companies. Center researchers are invited inside companies and trusted to ask the right questions and offer insightful ways to apply solutions.
From our position at the forefront of examining the role of business in society, we develop frameworks and findings that help companies align business strategies with core business values and the broader expectations of society. Our Neighbor of Choice framework of the 1980s accelerated the way leading companies positioned themselves in their communities, and has been followed by other innovative measures such as the Standards of Excellence in Corporate Community Involvement, Stages of Corporate Citizenship and our Corporate Citizenship Management Framework.
Combining the power of applied research and thought leadership with the real-world experience of corporate members, the Center:
- Asks the tough questions
- Turns theory into practice by going inside companies to see what works
- Clarifies key citizenship issues from the perspective of business and significant stakeholders
- Normalizes the challenges companies face by benchmarking and documenting best practice
- Creates strategies and frameworks to meet the ever-changing challenges of business and society
- Provides learning opportunities through peer-to-peer events and education
- Captures and synthesizes the knowledge offered by practitioners
Learn more about our frameworks and the research they are derived from.